Accelerating Indigenous Higher Education
13-14 October, Stamford Plaza, 150 North Terrace, Tandarnya (Adelaide)
Forum Day 1 (Thursday) commences 9.30am, Day 2 (Friday) concludes 4.00pm
The NATSIHEC Executive is hosting a National roundtable forum on 13-14 October to improve education and employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the higher education sector.
The forum will engage experts and leaders in university and industry to determine the most effective reforms in three priority areas:
- Indigenous student participation and outcomes in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM);
- Increasing the number and capacity of the Indigenous academic workforce; and
- Whole-of-university approaches to improving Indigenous higher education outcomes.
The roundtable will build upon the latest available evidence, and strategise the evidence into measurable actions to progress national policy and funding in these three priority areas.
Forum program (PDF) »
The roundtable forum will be facilitated by NATSIHEC Executive and Members:
- Professor Peter Buckskin, University of SA, NATSIHEC Chair and Project Director;
- Dr Peter Anderson, Monash University, Co-convenor (STEM);
- Professor Steven Larkin, University of Newcastle, Co-convenor (Workforce);
- Ms Leanne Holt, MacQuarie University, Co-convenor (Whole-of-University).
Roundtable Forum Program » (PDF)
Further information about the NATSIHEC Accelerating Indigenous Higher Education Project is available at www.natsihec.edu.au/projects, email firstname.lastname@example.org or
by telephoning Kerryn Tayler, Personal Assistant on (08) 8302 0036.