Project Goal: STEM
The NATSIHEC STEM project will identify effective policies and strategies to increase enrolments, participation and completion of Indigenous people in STEM-related higher education studies.
The project scope will include Natural and Physical Sciences, Engineering, and Information Technology – but also underpinning quantitative skills required for studies such as Management and Commerce, Health and Education.
Project Lead: Dr Peter Anderson, Monash University
2016 Project schedule
- Stakeholder engagement strategy and communications plan [August]
- Audit and report on environmental scan of STEM interventions including student attraction, pathway programs, inclusive curriculum, student support and financial supports [September]
- Report and analysis of STEM student participation and completion data [September]
- 3-4 exemplars of effective STEM interventions [September]
- Progress report on preliminary STEM findings [October]
- National round table STEM forum conducted [October 13-14]
- STEM discussion paper and validation survey [November]
- Final report and recommendations [December]
Strengthening Indigenous Participation and Practice in STEM: University Initiatives for Equity and Excellence, University of South Australia, 2016, 122pp
(Updated, August 2016)