Project Goal: Whole-of-University Approaches
Whole-of-University has been translated to mean mainstreaming, governance, student support and other definitions dependent on the institution. This project will provide a definition and principles that will provide clarity and transparency for a national approach to Whole-of University initiatives in Indigenous higher education.
There has been an increasing amount of literature related to Whole-of-University approach to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander higher education investigating measurement, institutional good practice, reviews and recommendations.
This project aims to consolidate the literature on a Whole-of-University approach to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander higher education, to produce a concept of a virtual preferred university model.
Project Lead: Ms Leanne Holt, University of Newcastle
2016 Project schedule
- Stakeholder engagement strategy and communications plan [August]
- Audit and report on environmental scan of university interventions [September
- Report and analysis of whole-of-university approaches & success indicators [September]
- 3-4 exemplars of effective whole-of-university approaches [September]
- Progress report on preliminary findings [October]
- National round table whole-of-university approaches forum conducted [October 13-14]
- National validation survey [November]
- Final report and recommendations [December]