Accelerating Indigenous Higher Education
The Accelerating Indigenous Higher Education project will engage experts and leaders in university and industry with three areas of reform:
- Determine approaches to improve Indigenous outcomes in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM);
- Increase the Indigenous academic workforce; and
- Support whole-of-university approaches to improving Indigenous higher education outcomes.
The National project is sponsored the Australian Government Department of Education and Training to be completed by December 2016.
The project will build upon previous higher education reports and recommendations including Behrendt and ATSIHEAC, to act as a catalyst to accelerate Indigenous education reform:
- Update currency of evidence and program interventions to inform future actions;
- Strategise findings from evidence into specific and measurable actions to progress the three priorities;
- Prioritise strategies with greatest expected impact that are realistic, costed and clearly identify the agencies or institutions that will have carriage.